Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Recreate boostrap files for jobs from the output of `bls -j`

2017-03-22 07:23:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Recreate boostrap files for jobs from the output of `bls -j`
From: Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 12:23:06 +0100
On Wednesday 2017-03-22 12:07:55 Konstantin Khomoutov wrote:
> For instance, here's a fragment from the real output for one of my
> volumes (elided a bit for terseness):
>
> Begin Job Session Record: File:blk=338:1 SessId=142 \
>    SessTime=1427996423 JobId=5007
>   Job=call-recs.2015-05-12_14.00.00_41 ...
> End Job Session Record: File:blk=339:10868 SessId=142 \
>    SessTime=1427996423 JobId=5007
>   Date=12-May-2015 14:44:22 Level=F Type=B ...
>
> Here, the job starts at 338:1 and ends at 339:10868, how do I write out
> the bootstrap file's data to cover that whole range in it?
>
> >From [1], it appears that I could use
>
>   VolFile=338-339
>
> to cover the files but the VolBlock spec appears to pertain to a single
> VolFile.  I thought of using multiple VolFile + VolBlock pairs but
> that would require me to use an open range for the VolBlock of the
> first pair, something like
>
>   VolFile=338
>   VolBlock=1-
>   VolFile=339
>   VolBlock=1-10868

Here is the example of the bsr file format I have used in the past
(in this example a job spreads through two volumes):

Volume = volume-0003
VolSessionId = 592
VolSessionTime = 1435614003
Volume = volume-0004
VolSessionId = 592
VolSessionTime = 1435614003

The above example was created from the output of bls -j <volume>
VolSessionId in the above example is the same as the SessId in
the bls output and VolSessionTime in the above example is the
same as the SessTime in the bls output.

That should be enough to get the specific job restored using the
bextract tool but I tested it only with file storage where volumes
are files on the disk and not the actual tapes.
However, I believe that there shouldn't be much difference in this
case.

Regards

--
Josip Deanovic