Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Recreate boostrap files for jobs from the output of `bls -j`

2017-03-24 08:21:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Recreate boostrap files for jobs from the output of `bls -j`
From: Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 15:20:35 +0300
On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 14:01:39 +0300
Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm AT users.sourceforge DOT net> wrote:

Answering my other question:

> > Thanks for mentioning that VolAddr is undocumented.  That was an
> > oversight that I will fix.
> >
> > Please be aware that VolAddr is a relatively new bsr keyword, so it
> > will not work on older Bacula's such as 5.2.x.  I don't remember
> > when it was implemented.
>
> Too bad for us: for administrative reasons we're stuck with 5.2.6 on
> the box which is our tape SD.
[...]
> OK, so given that I can't use VolAddr with 5.2.6's bextract, is there
> a way to make use of the two pairs of File+Block values extracted for
> a particular job from the output of `bls -j` to create a sensible spec
> for the bootstrap file to speed up extracts using `bextract`?
[...]

As it turned out -- I've tried to do a restore of the most recent such
backup to have Bacula generate a bootstrap file for me, -- 5.2.6 is
perfectly able to make use of the VolAddr parameter and uses it.

So there's the way to go for us.

Thank you, Martin and Kern!