Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Recreate boostrap files for jobs from the output of `bls -j`

2017-03-23 04:59:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Recreate boostrap files for jobs from the output of `bls -j`
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>, Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 09:58:35 +0100
Hello Martin,

Thanks for mentioning that VolAddr is undocumented.  That was an
oversight that I will fix.

Please be aware that VolAddr is a relatively new bsr keyword, so it will
not work on older Bacula's such as 5.2.x.  I don't remember when it was
implemented.

Note also: VolAddr is formed as you say for File and Tape volumes, but
in the next version of Bacula, VolAddr is used for Cloud Volumes and the
algorithm is not the same.  I will document it once it is released.
Bottom line each driver, File, Tape, Aligned, Dedup, Cloud, ... has its
own 64 bit VolAddr representation of the address.  In this next version
for File volumes for example, there is no longer any concept of File and
Block there is only a 64 bit address.  For tapes, due to their
architecture (currently) we still must have File and Block.

Best regards,

Kern