Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula Urgent Restore

2017-03-22 05:39:36
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula Urgent Restore
From: "Lourik Malan" <lourik AT cet.co DOT za>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 10:58:27 +0200

Hi There,

I have a bit of an issue with one of my Laptap backups. The user did not plug in his laptop as often as required and he has now lost over 2 months’ worth of important data. There is two incomplete backups which has got recent data, but it never completed successfully.

I have tried to use bextract on the incomplete  backup, but It fails(gets stuck immediately) due to it being a Windows client and Portability was not set to ‘yes’.

After that I tried a bscan

Bscan –c /usr/local/etc/bacula-sd.conf –n bacula –u user –P pass –h location 1.1.1.1 –V –V User0261 User

Records would have been added or udate in the catalog:

                1 Media

                1 Pool

                1 Job

      36738 File

Can anyone please guide me on how to extract the incomplete backup(it would say its 95% of all the data)?

Regards

Lou