Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bconsole Reload Sometimes Doesn't Load New Job Resource Definitions

2015-10-20 09:57:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bconsole Reload Sometimes Doesn't Load New Job Resource Definitions
From: Rich Otero <rotero AT editshare DOT com>
To: "Roberts, Ben" <ben.roberts AT gsacapital DOT com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 09:24:54 -0400
Ben, thanks for the input. We used to have that problem too: We had a bug in our code that would result in a lot of old bconsoles being left open and we would hit the concurrent jobs limit. We fixed that some time ago, but your message and someone else's yesterday are directing me to the message. I haven't looked at those yet.

Regards,
Rich Otero
Director, Technical Support and Professional Services
EditShare
rotero AT editshare DOT com
617-782-0479

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 2:47 AM, Roberts, Ben <ben.roberts AT gsacapital DOT com> wrote:

> On a particular customer system, we find that the new job resource has not been loaded after the `reload` command has completed.

My workflow relies on the reload command heavily (puppet drops in updated config files and executes the reload command afterwards; this normally works very well. Occasionally I have problems and this is always evidenced by “Error: Too many open reload requests. Request ignored” in the messages output. The normal cause for this in my experience is too many connected bconsoles (which appear to count against the director’s concurrent job limit?) Killing off the old bconsole sessions that people have spawned under screen weeks before and forgotten usually fixes this. I rarely have to restart the director service more than once or twice a year and that’s normally for other issues.

Regards,

Ben Roberts

This email and any files transmitted with it contain confidential and proprietary information and is solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient please return the email to the sender and delete it from your computer and you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email or its contents. This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. Any comments or statements made herein do not necessarily reflect those of GSA Capital. GSA Capital Partners LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is registered in England and Wales at Stratton House, 5 Stratton Street, London W1J 8LA, number OC309261. GSA Capital Services Limited is registered in England and Wales at the same address, number 5320529.