Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bconsole Reload Sometimes Doesn't Load New Job Resource Definitions

2015-10-20 13:47:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bconsole Reload Sometimes Doesn't Load New Job Resource Definitions
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Rich Otero <rotero AT editshare DOT com>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 10:46:06 -0700
Oh, I forgot to mention that when you start the console, if I am not mistaken (to be verified), it "locks onto" the most recent bacula-dir.conf file as if it were a regular job, and consequently, if you want bconsole to show a more recent bacula-dir.conf I reccommend restarting bconsole.  In fact, keeping old bconsoles connected to the Director can block a given bacula-dir.conf in memory, and at some point, the Director will not be able to do a "reload" command.  So if you are doing a lot of reloads, be sure to kill off old bconsole sessions.

Best regards,
Kern