Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Amazon S3 off-site Backups

2015-05-18 08:43:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Amazon S3 off-site Backups
From: Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
To: Alan Brown <a.brown AT ucl.ac DOT uk>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 09:37:51 -0300
Yes Alan. I had suggested it and this certainly solve this issue. But we´re trying to adjust the timeouts.

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 8:05 AM, Alan Brown <a.brown AT ucl.ac DOT uk> wrote:
On 17/05/15 02:22, Ana Emília M. Arruda wrote:

​I'm aware of a case ​of Bacula working with an Amazon VTL service. We
are having occasional drive timeout issues. IMHO this is causing some
issues with tapes being unloaded to different slots than that they were
originally.

If this is the case, adding an "update slots" to the mount/unmount scripts would solve it, at cost of adding a few seconds to the process.