Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Director CLUSTER

2015-05-15 10:17:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Director CLUSTER
From: Davide Giunchi <davide.giunchi AT soasi DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 15:54:05 +0200 (CEST)
> Hi all,
> I would like to have a redundant solution.
>
> I have 2 sites, with a storage (and SD) on both side.
> I would like to copy all the backup volumes from the first site to the second
> one, and this shouldn't be a problem.
> I would like to have a bacula up and running, and updated on the second site
> when the production site goes down, so I can restore the machine and manage
> all
> restore process from that site without problem.
>
> I thought to set up bacula-director in HA cluster solution (bacula-dir+mysql
> master/slave), it is possible?

Sure, you can use hearbeat+drbd+catalog log replication.
You could install the same bacula-dir and bacula-sd on the two servers, sync
the configuration and bsr with something like rsync, sync the postgres/mysql
with drbd or log replication. Then you can sync the data with drbd or with
sd-to-sd-copy-jobs.

> Witch may be the problem and the benefit in this solution?

problem: you need a lot of bandiwidth ( = € )! then you must keep always sync
the servers, periodically check that everithing is working good, and then
periodically to dr tests.
benefit: fast dr

Regards

--