Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Round robin to storage servers (disks)

2014-09-19 11:38:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Round robin to storage servers (disks)
From: Hendrik Visage <hvjunk AT gmail DOT com>
To: Dmitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 17:35:48 +0200
On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 4:41 PM, Dmitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
wrote:
> On 9/19/2014 9:15 AM, Hendrik Visage wrote:
>> Goodday,
>>
>>   I'm investigating options, and my need is to send back-ups to
>> separate storage servers in a round robin fashion. Typically only one
>> of them will be connected at a time.
>
> How do you intend to restore stuff?

Start with the last full backup and then restore the
incrementals/differentials after that as in normal recovery methods?

The servers are big and oldish and they have enough disk space for my
current needs and thus not sensible to buy extra hardware yet, but to
have them all run 7x24x366 is a waste of electricity (and heat and
and), so the idea is to turn on the one for that day's backups, and
let it power off via cron after backups finished. If a recovery is
needed, I can turn them all on for that recovery session.