Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Wakeonlan in bacula

2014-09-15 09:58:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Wakeonlan in bacula
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 09:53:03 -0400
On 09/15/14 03:06, Florian wrote:
> Hello.
> I figured out the problem myself. I merely forgot to restart the director.
>
> Regards,
> Florian S.

Hi Florian,

Just a quick note to help you better administrate Bacula in the future:

Instead of restarting the director after making changes to bacula-dir.conf you
can do this:

1. From a shell prompt:   bacula-dir -t -c /path/to/bacula-dir.conf

This tests your bacula-dir.conf file (and any include files) for syntax. If
this command returns nothing, then your syntax is correct. If there is a
problem detected, it will inform you of the location where a problem was
located.

2. If Step 1 is OK, start bconsole and issue the "reload" command. This will
tell Bacula to reload it configuration file(s), and is (mostly) safe to do
even while backups are running.

Hope this helps

Bill

--