Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Copy SD to SD with data encryption

2014-06-09 06:56:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Copy SD to SD with data encryption
From: Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 12:53:20 +0200
Quoting message written on Monday 2014-06-09 12:26:45:
> Hello Josip,
>
> I am not sure it is possible to implement what you want.  The PKI
> encryption is Client based, thus unless the real (or original) Client
> (FD) is involved, it is impossible to perform or change data encryption
> in any way.  SD->SD transfers are only Copy and Migration jobs and not
> original backups involving the Client, so there is no way the SD can do
> anything with data encryption other than reading the data and either
> sending it unmodified to an FD or writing it on some Volume.
>
> Best regards,
> Kern

Hi Kern, thank you for your response.

Considering the complexity of the task required to achieve my goal
I have decided to create a workaround about this problem using
encrypted network block device presented through an encrypted tunnel.

Kind regards

--
Josip Deanovic