Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Copy SD to SD with data encryption

2014-06-09 04:36:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Copy SD to SD with data encryption
From: Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 10:31:02 +0200
Quoting message written on Monday 2014-06-09 10:23:39 by Kern:
> It is two independent jobs on the SD side: 1. A SD restore job sending
> the data to what it thinks is a "FD" via a comm line.  2. A SD job
> receiving the restore data by simulating a FD but instead of restoring
> the data, it also acts as a SD doing a backup on a device.  So each job
> (read, backup) can have its own pool.  This is exactly how it works, but
> with a single Director job that controls two SD jobs.

I was thinking about the problem and I believe that PKI directives
responsible for the data encryption would best fit if they would be
set in a pool resource.

That way it would be possible to enable optional encryption of the
data in case we want to copy data from one pool to another as well
in the case we want to copy data from one poll on another pool dedicated
to a remote storage daemon.

Regards

--
Josip Deanovic