Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restores fail because of multiple storages

2013-12-17 10:48:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restores fail because of multiple storages
From: Thomas Lohman <thomasl AT mtl.mit DOT edu>
To: stefano scotti <scottistefano91 AT gmail DOT com>, bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 10:44:19 -0500
> That seems a working solution, but creating a symbolic link for every
> volume required by a restore job introduces a manual operation that
> would be better to avoid, especially if a lot of incremental volumes are
> being considered.

We use symbolic links here and have never had any problems.  All volumes
are created ahead of time so links are created at the same time. It may
not be the most elegant solution but it's certainly a workable solution
and for us, it eliminated issues/problems we were having with vchanger
mistakenly marking volumes in error which then had to be corrected manually.

hope this helps,

--tom