Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restores fail because of multiple storages

2013-12-13 12:31:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restores fail because of multiple storages
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: stefano scotti <scottistefano91 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 12:29:13 -0500
> thank you John for your clarification.

The problem is you can not switch storage devices during a single job.
You need to have all of your data on the same storage device.

> do you know how i can realize a "virtual disk autochanger" configuration or
> where i can find some documentation about it?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/vchanger/

With vchanger you can make each physical device (hard drives, NAS ...
) a virtual auto changer magazine with volumes. If you make the
volumes have the same media type the same storage device can use
different physical media (again hard drives, NAS ...) and switch
between these inside of the same job.

This is an external project. Bacula itself has a disk autochanger that
you may also consider. I use the vchanger for many years at home. At
work I use a LTO2 autochanger and ~160 tapes..

John