Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] question about backup levels

2013-08-07 21:37:51
Subject: [Bacula-users] question about backup levels
From: Greg Woods <greg AT gregandeva DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 19:11:33 -0600
I'm a new Bacula user, having just set up a system for backing up the
machines in my house (the storage server is a Raspberry Pi with a 4TB
external disk drive attached to it).

My question concerns backup levels. This afternoon, I think while
learning to use "bat", I accidentally scheduled two consecutive
incremental backups on my desktop. The first one ran as expected, but
the second one looks like it basically turned into a full backup, even
though it still appears in the job listing as an incremental:

|    13 | anathem       | 2013-08-02 20:37:18 | B    | F     |  800,022
| 137,247,853,895 | T         |
|    43 | anathem       | 2013-08-07 14:32:19 | B    | I     |   27,916
|   2,345,766,355 | T         |
|    44 | anathem       | 2013-08-07 14:41:45 | B    | I     |  773,678
| 136,134,397,714 | T         |

I was under the impression that an incremental would only back up files
modified since the last backup of any kind, so what made the second
incremental act like a full?

--Greg