Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] getting my tape drive online

2013-01-10 20:11:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] getting my tape drive online
From: Jonathan Horne <jhorne AT skopos DOT us>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 01:08:40 +0000
My drive appears to be working correctly, and the devices I poll here
correspond to configurations I use in my config file.  Tests all seem fine (to
my layman's observation), but in practice actual commands are failing.

[root@d0lppb021 ~]# tapeinfo -f /dev/sg6
Product Type: Medium Changer
Vendor ID: 'IBM     '
Product ID: '3573-TL         '
Revision: '5.80'
Attached Changer API: No
SerialNumber: '00X4U78E9680_LL0'
SCSI ID: 0
SCSI LUN: 1
Ready: yes

[root@d0lppb021 ~]# mt -f /dev/nst0 status
SCSI 2 tape drive:
File number=0, block number=0, partition=0.
Tape block size 0 bytes. Density code 0x44 (LTO-3).
Soft error count since last status=0
General status bits on (41010000):
 BOT ONLINE IM_REP_EN

[root@d0lppb021 ~]# mt -f /dev/nst1 status
SCSI 2 tape drive:
File number=-1, block number=-1, partition=0.
Tape block size 0 bytes. Density code 0x0 (default).
Soft error count since last status=0
General status bits on (50000):
 DR_OPEN IM_REP_EN

[root@d0lppb021 ~]# mtx -f /dev/sg6 status
  Storage Changer /dev/sg6:2 Drives, 47 Slots ( 3 Import/Export )
Data Transfer Element 0:Full (Storage Element 3 Loaded):VolumeTag = SK1009L3
Data Transfer Element 1:Empty
      Storage Element 1:Full :VolumeTag=SK1004L3
      Storage Element 2:Full :VolumeTag=SK1006L3
      Storage Element 3:Empty
      Storage Element 4:Empty
      Storage Element 5:Empty
      Storage Element 6:Empty