Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] getting my tape drive online

2013-01-09 19:36:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] getting my tape drive online
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Jonathan Horne <jhorne AT skopos DOT us>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 19:34:25 -0500
On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 6:10 PM, Jonathan Horne <jhorne AT skopos DOT us> wrote:

> On 1/9/13 4:56 PM, "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
>
>>> This is my section for my tape drive, i am not sure what i should edit
>>>as
>>> far as the mtx-changer.
>>>

>>I expect you need to test the functionality of mtx directly and edit
>>the file /usr/libexec/bacula/mtx-changer to make sure the load command
>>and other mtx-changer commands are working.
>>
>>John
>

> i thought my drive was working, based on this:
>
> [root@d0lppb021 ~]# mtx-changer /dev/sg6 list 0 /dev/nst0 0
> 1:SK1004L3
> 2:SK1006L3
> 3:SK1009L3

Getting the list command to work does not mean that the changer script
is loading properly.

> anything else you know of i can check?

See if loading tapes works reliably manually via mtx. Then test if you
can load tapes via mtx-changer. If both of these work look at the
configuration setting "Maximum Changer Wait". Although I would expect
a 5 minute load to be sufficient.

John