Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] windows enterprise is not working, x32/x64.

2013-01-10 16:49:11
Subject: [Bacula-users] windows enterprise is not working, x32/x64.
From: pedro moreno <syxtemx AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 13:46:26 -0800
Hi.

  I have been using bacula since 2.x, now I decide to add a new server
to my list of backups:

Windows 2008 R2 x64.

  Server Centos 5.8 x64
  Bacula-server 5.0.3 x64.

  I download bacula-enterprise-demo-win64-6.0.6.

  In my network I had other windows XP, windows 2003 running no issue 5.x.

  I setup everything server/client side.

  I check my client side, port 9102 open, tested with telnet good, firewall off.

  I test server side conection with the client and no luck, I check
settings, passwords are good.

  Them I get deeper and open my cmd with admin rights in windows 2k8-r2.

  I move to bacula folder: c:\Program Files\Bacula\ and start checking.

C:\Program Files\Bacula>bacula-fd.exe -t bacula-fd.conf
C:\Program Files\Bacula>
10-Jan 13:35 bacula-fd: ERROR TERMINATION at lib/parse_conf.c:918
Config error: Cannot open config file "C:\ProgramData\Bacula/bacula-fd.conf": No
 such file or directory

  a) Why that Bacula/bacula-fd.conf?
  b) C:\ProgramData\Bacula this doesn't exist.

 Them I try using full path:

C:\Program Files\Bacula>"C:\Program Files\Bacula\bacula-fd.exe" -t "C:\Program F
iles\Bacula\bacula-fd.conf"
C:\Program Files\Bacula>

 U can see their is no error.

 I try to run the app using Full path but my server side same error,
this is my email:

10-Jan 13:21 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Unable to authenticate with File
daemon at "192.168.2.10:9102". Possible causes:
Passwords or names not the same or
Maximum Concurrent Jobs exceeded on the FD or
FD networking messed up (restart daemon).
Please see
http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Bacula_Freque_Asked_Questi.html#SECTION003760000000000000000
for help.
10-Jan 13:31 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Unable to authenticate with File
daemon at "192.168.2.10:9102". Possible causes:
Passwords or names not the same or
Maximum Concurrent Jobs exceeded on the FD or
FD networking messed up (restart daemon).
Please see
http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Bacula_Freque_Asked_Questi.html#SECTION003760000000000000000
for help.

Password cannot be, I had review this very well and my others windows
clients working good.

Windows 2008-R2 x64 event viewer:

The description for Event ID 0 from source Bacula-fd cannot be found.
Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your
local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or
repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information
had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:
Bacula-fd error: 1063 at ../libwin32/service.cpp:172
StartServiceCtrlDispatcher failed.
The service process could not connect to the service controller.

I had try bconsole using the full path and cannot even connect with
the director with bconsol.exe

Last thing I did was to create the folder inside ProgramData, now
bacula-fd.exe -t or bconsola.exe -t don't give those errors, but I
have the same problem.

Now, after this I decide to test in my windows xp pro sp3 x32
machine, download 6.0.6 x32 and the same problems.

Any input I will appreciated, thanks!!!