Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] base backups increase backup duration for full backups considerably

2012-11-29 12:48:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] base backups increase backup duration for full backups considerably
From: Felix Schwarz <felix.schwarz AT oss.schwarz DOT eu>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 18:45:50 +0100
I'm now using a workaround: I generated a list of "big" files and defined a
separate fileset for the base job. With that approach I don't reduce the
necessary space that much but the full backup only takes 0:45 (which is about
½ of a full backup without base job).

Still I think base jobs with lots of files could be optimized a lot.

fs