Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula director consumes all CPU after full backup

2012-11-05 06:29:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula director consumes all CPU after full backup
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 12:24:58 +0100
Hello,

2012/11/5 <lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de>
No, we have around 3.5 billion files with some jobs with not problem,

Wow, 3.5 _billion_ files on a single job. Amazing.

but we use PostgreSQL as backend db and don't do base jobs.

Could you share some information about your setup. It is very interesting how Bacula and PostgreSQL can handle this kind of _huge_ backup job. What hardware? What archive device (disk? tape? both?). I can imagine that you should have no less then 10 _billion_ files in your catalog. The largest Bacula deployment I ever see was a few hundred million files in a whole catalog, not a single job.

best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski
radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net