Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] disaster recovery of the actual bacula server

2012-11-29 11:01:59
Subject: [Bacula-users] disaster recovery of the actual bacula server
From: Jonathan Horne <jhorne AT skopos DOT us>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 15:30:39 +0000

I am getting ready to deploy my first bacula server to our production environment.  I would like to practice 2 scenarios of recovery.  First, I will recover the configuration files and  mysql database (from dump files), and hopefully continue on.  The second, I will recover only the configuration files.  Both scenarios, will tear down the server and rebuild new OS and reattach the LUN where the volume pools are stored.

The first seems pretty straight forward, especially is the mysqldump is current after the most recent backups that ran.  The 2nd, poses the question of how to import existing volume pool data into a new bacula director installation?

Any advice or acedotes from when this has been previously performed would be appreciated.

Thanks,

jonathan

This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind SKOPOS to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.