Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to specify drive of Autochanger?

2012-11-18 07:48:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to specify drive of Autochanger?
From: Wolfgang Denk <wd AT denx DOT de>
To: Geert Stappers <Geert.Stappers AT vanadgroup DOT com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 13:43:04 +0100
Dear Geert,

In message <20121116074956.GB29240 AT pcgeerts.capdata.vanadcc DOT nl> you
wrote:

> > *mount
> > The defined Storage resources are:
> > Select Storage resource (1-9): 2
> > Connecting to Storage daemon LTOLIB at ltos.denx.de:9103 ...
> > Enter autochanger drive[0]: 1
>
> Why '1'?   With what does it match? With what _should_ it match?

My idea was to load this tape into the second drive; based on the
definition "Device = LTO3-0, LTO3-1" that would have been "LTO3-1".

> Below is told what is _wanted_ c.q. what is _desired_.

Sorry - what does "c.q." mean?

> I assume it is allready wrong before the 'Enter autochanger drive[0]:' prompt
> that John Drescher is warning about.

Probably.  Still trying to understand why and where.

> I do read it as "Confirm autochanger drive[0]:" prompt.

That would be a bit strange.  The format of this message is generally
used to allow input of a user chosen value, showing the default value
in brackets - i. e. when I press enter it uses drive # 0, but I can
overwrite this by entering another value, like 1 in my case.

AM I wrong here?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd AT denx DOT de
Marriage is the triumph  of  imagination  over  intelligence.  Second
marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.