Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Managing disk space for Bacula Backups

2012-11-07 02:49:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Managing disk space for Bacula Backups
From: "Gumprich, Sebastian" <Sebastian.Gumprich AT t-systems DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 08:09:47 +0100

Maybe I did not explain it clearly enough: I do fullbackups on Saturdays. I'd
delete with my script on volumes that are older than 14 days on Fridays. This
way the oldest backup would always be a fullbackup from Saturdays. So then
incremental backups that happen the following days are based on the full backup
on Saturday.
This way, I always have atleast a fullbackup that is younger than 14 days.
Atleast that's my plan to handle the disk-space automatically. :)
Any downsides?

Regards,
Sebastian