Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] It's possible to use Bacula with PostgreSQL 9.1.x?

2011-12-26 07:50:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] It's possible to use Bacula with PostgreSQL 9.1.x?
From: "reynierpm AT gmail DOT com" <reynierpm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Joseph L. Casale" <jcasale AT activenetwerx DOT com>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 08:17:30 -0430
Thanks Joseph it works like a charm, I did not know about this repo and few days ago I ask about the same in the list and it was several answers as for example: symlink  libpq.so.4 to  libpq.so.5, use SuSE repositories and none works until now.
Cheers and happy new year

Ing. Reynier Pérez Mira
Cel: +58 424.180.5609 / +58 416.921.7406
Correo: reynierpm AT gmail DOT com / reynierpm AT hotmail DOT com

On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 10:18 PM, Joseph L. Casale <jcasale AT activenetwerx DOT com> wrote:
>Hi and happy new year to every, I'm just wondering if it's possible to use Bacula with
>PostgreSQL 9.1.x because I'm trying several ways and have not luck because it ask for
> libpq.so.4. Which is not available at CentOS 6.

>I tried to fake the repos enabling CentOS 5 but then get this other error:

I can't imagine a good reason to do ever do that? While I use the provided Postgre
packages the fact those packages are built for centos 6 but don’t provide their own
non stock deps nor get them from any package in base is concerning. Last time I looked
at the spec it was so long and unruly I wasn’t surprised they became impossible to
maintain.

>So, any help on this?

Yes, I can only imagine the packages at that repo are built but not ever tested. If they
are tested, the QA environment certainly does not represent a stock setup as you just
found one of more issues with them. Now you will encounter other problems when
you remove those packages, you'll end up needing to prevent the scripts section from
executing as they likely won't work, then be forced to cleanup manually removing old
init scripts and working directories etc.

Install from a repo that is tested and does work, delete that repo file add the one from
Simone Caronni at http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/slaanesh/bacula/epel-6/x86_64/

These packages do work well and the maintainer validates his builds and uses a
more thorough build process. He's also responsive to suggestions from the list.

Good luck,
jlc