Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] It's possible to use Bacula with PostgreSQL 9.1.x?

2011-12-25 21:51:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] It's possible to use Bacula with PostgreSQL 9.1.x?
From: "Joseph L. Casale" <jcasale AT activenetwerx DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 02:48:43 +0000
>Hi and happy new year to every, I'm just wondering if it's possible to use
>Bacula with
>PostgreSQL 9.1.x because I'm trying several ways and have not luck because it
>ask for
> libpq.so.4. Which is not available at CentOS 6.

>I tried to fake the repos enabling CentOS 5 but then get this other error:

I can't imagine a good reason to do ever do that? While I use the provided
Postgre
packages the fact those packages are built for centos 6 but don’t provide their
own
non stock deps nor get them from any package in base is concerning. Last time I
looked
at the spec it was so long and unruly I wasn’t surprised they became impossible
maintain.

>So, any help on this?

Yes, I can only imagine the packages at that repo are built but not ever
tested. If they
are tested, the QA environment certainly does not represent a stock setup as
you just
found one of more issues with them. Now you will encounter other problems when
you remove those packages, you'll end up needing to prevent the scripts section
from
executing as they likely won't work, then be forced to cleanup manually
removing old
init scripts and working directories etc.

Install from a repo that is tested and does work, delete that repo file add the
one from
Simone Caronni at
http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/slaanesh/bacula/epel-6/x86_64/

These packages do work well and the maintainer validates his builds and uses a
more thorough build process. He's also responsive to suggestions from the list.

Good luck,
jlc