Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Job is waiting for a mount request

2011-06-28 23:02:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Job is waiting for a mount request
From: Venkatesh K Reddy <venkatesh AT kaevee DOT com>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 08:29:31 +0530
I don't think I have used unmount after removing old state files and nuking all data in sql database.

I had started afresh and backup ran smoothly and created about 30 volumes (256MB each) and then stopped with following message.

Running Jobs:
Console connected at 28-Jun-11 18:45
 JobId Level   Name                       Status
     1 Full    FileShare.2011-06-28_10.04.46_03 is waiting for a mount request

When I checked the storage status I got the following info.

Device status:
Device "FileStorage" (/home/backups/fileshare) open but no Bacula volume is currently mounted.
    Device is BLOCKED waiting for mount of volume "FileShare0037",
       Pool:        File
       Media type:  File
    Total Bytes Read=0 Blocks Read=0 Bytes/block=0
    Positioned at File=0 Block=0

I tried to look up in mailing lists and could not find any post similar to problem I am facing.

Thanks,

Venkatesh K

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 8:13 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 10:36 PM, Venkatesh K Reddy
<venkatesh AT kaevee DOT com> wrote:
> I had used unmount. But, I nuked the whole configuration.

If you ever use umount then the next volume that bacula will want you
will have to mount it since umount takes the storage device out of
bacula's control. If you just want to unload a volume without bacula
giving up control on the storage device use the release command
instead.

John