Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Job is waiting for a mount request

2011-06-28 23:47:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Job is waiting for a mount request
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Venkatesh K Reddy <venkatesh AT kaevee DOT com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 23:44:33 -0400
On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 11:36 PM, Venkatesh K Reddy
<venkatesh AT kaevee DOT com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 8:52 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 10:59 PM, Venkatesh K Reddy
>> <venkatesh AT kaevee DOT com> wrote:
>> > I don't think I have used unmount after removing old state files and
>> > nuking
>> > all data in sql database.
>> >
>> > I had started afresh and backup ran smoothly and created about 30
>> > volumes
>> > (256MB each) and then stopped with following message.
>> >
>> > Running Jobs:
>> > Console connected at 28-Jun-11 18:45
>> >  JobId Level   Name                       Status
>> > ======================================================================
>> >      1 Full    FileShare.2011-06-28_10.04.46_03 is waiting for a mount
>> > request
>> >
>> > When I checked the storage status I got the following info.
>> >
>> > Device status:
>> > Device "FileStorage" (/home/backups/fileshare) open but no Bacula volume
>> > is
>> > currently mounted.
>> >     Device is BLOCKED waiting for mount of volume "FileShare0037",
>> >        Pool:        File
>> >        Media type:  File
>> >     Total Bytes Read=0 Blocks Read=0 Bytes/block=0
>> >     Positioned at File=0 Block=0
>> >
>> > I tried to look up in mailing lists and could not find any post similar
>> > problem I am facing.
>> >

>> Does the volume FileShare0037 exist in /home/backups/fileshare?
>
> No. It does not exist.

I believe it should at that point. You may want to look at the logs to
see if there were any error messages. You are sure you did not run out
of space?

>> Do you have any limits on how many volumes in your pool?
>
> Yes. The limit is 100.

Does that volume exist in the output of:

list media pool=Backup

You can execute that in bconsole. If it does exist is this the last volume?

John