Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] minimum full interval?

2011-06-28 22:57:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] minimum full interval?
From: "Craig Isdahl" <craig AT dashsystems DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 22:55:01 -0400
> What are you looking for that Max Full Interval doesn't do?  If you set
> Max Full Interval to 30 days, and only schedule incremental jobs, then
> every 30 days one of your incrementals gets bumped to a full.  Are you
> looking to prevent someone from manually firing off a full?
>
> Mark

These are VM snapshots so each backup is a full.  We currently do exactly
what you recommend for file system backups and it works great - I'm just not
able to figure out how to do 1 full backup every 30 days (no diff or incr)
w/out scheduling specific times, which I'd like to avoid due to the number
of clients.

-- Craig