Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] VXA-2 Tape not filling

2011-06-21 21:25:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] VXA-2 Tape not filling
From: Christian Tardif <christian.tardif AT servinfo DOT ca>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 21:19:15 -0400
On 21/06/2011 20:57, John Drescher wrote:
>> So, since btape comes from Bacula, I assume that, in some way, Bacula
>> >  should be able to write to my VXA-2 tape a more or less 80GB of data. So
>> >  what's the difference between bacula-sd's way of accessing the tape and
>> >  btape's way?
>> >
> No difference at all.

So why are both, at the evidence, acting differently?

>> >  II'll try to force the maximum size of the tape in the config but I would
>> >  have to put it over 80GB limit if I only want the hardware compression
>> >  to be useful. Not sure of the results, though.
> What config are you talking on this question?

Device config of bacula-sd. I tried to change, but it does not change
anything, as there was no parameter for the maximum size. I put it back
to normal (aka nothing at all)

If this helps, here's the simple Device Resource for my VXA-2 Drive:

Device {
     Name = VXA-2
     Device Type = Tape
     Media Type = VXA-2
     Archive Device = /dev/nst0
     AutomaticMount = yes
     Always Open = no
     RemovableMedia = yes
     RandomAccess = no
}

and the Storage Resource from bacula-dir.conf:

Storage {
   Name = VXA-2
   Address = athena.servinfo.stba
   SDPort = 9103