Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fileset: How exclude all except...

2011-06-21 14:02:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fileset: How exclude all except...
From: Stuart McGraw <smcg4191 AT frii DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:59:16 -0600
On 06/20/2011 12:39 PM, Martin Simmons wrote:

>> > If you also wish to exclude other dot-directories, I would try something
>> > like:
>> >
>> > FileSet
>> > {
>> >    Include
>> >    {
>> >       {
>> >          wilddir = "/home/*/.backup"
>> >       }
>> >       {
>> >          exclude = yes
>> >          wild = "/home/*/.*"
>> >       }
>> >       File = /home
>> >    }
>> > }
>>
>> That's what I tried before (along with some
>> permutations -- I admit to still not understanding
>> well how Bacula interprets Filesets.)  The .backup
>> directory is included in the backed up files but its
>> contents are not.
>
> Adding
>
> wild = "/home/*/.backup/*"
>
> to the first options clause should fix that.

Indeed it did, thanks!  (I thought I tried that
before posting, and definitely tried again it after
reading your response but seems I screwed something
up.  This morning after a good night's sleep it does
work as advertised :-)

> BTW, excluding all dot files will lose potentially
> important ones such as
> .bashrc and .gnupg.

My plan is to move such files into the .backup
directory and replace the originals with symlinks.

Thanks for your help.