Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fileset: How exclude all except...

2011-06-18 16:09:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fileset: How exclude all except...
From: Andrea Conti <alyf AT alyf DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 21:37:58 +0200
Hello,

> I want to exclude all dot files in home directories
> ("/home/*/.*"), *except* the directories "/home/*/.backup/".
>
> Any hints on how to do this?

If you want to exclude dot _files_ (i.e. you don't care about
directories whose name starts with a dot other than .backup), and
assuming you're backing up the whole /home directory, this would be enough:

FileSet
{
   Include
   {
      {
         exclude = yes
         wildfile = "/home/*/.*"
      }
      File = /home
   }
}

If you also wish to exclude other dot-directories, I would try something
like:

FileSet
{
   Include
   {
      {
         wilddir = "/home/*/.backup"
      }
      {
         exclude = yes
         wild = "/home/*/.*"
      }
      File = /home
   }
}

Regex directives are another option, but IMHO they are a bit overkill
for this problem.

HTH,
andrea