Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Verify Catalog

2011-06-02 11:41:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Verify Catalog
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Rickifer Barros <rickiferbarros AT gmail DOT com>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 11:38:43 -0400
2011/6/2 Rickifer Barros <rickiferbarros AT gmail DOT com>:
> A bad backup is the same that none backup. Verifying is very important,
> nevertheless, is not 100% safe. The only and almost impracticable way would
> be often make disaster recovery simulations.

I see that some users do test restores periodically. I have done that
a few times but not as often as I want. I also make sure that the most
important data is backed up more than 1 time. In the past I did that
to 2 different media types but now since my dataset has grown and the
DLT tape drives are not working reliably I use the same LTO2
autochanger. When I get some money in the budget I am thinking of
adding an LTO5 (or by then LTO6) tape drive to make these alternate
backups.

John