Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Verify Catalog

2011-06-02 04:10:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Verify Catalog
From: Ralf Gross <Ralf-Lists AT ralfgross DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 10:05:08 +0200
Rickifer Barros schrieb:
> Yes John...
>
> Now, I think that I understood perfectly and I have tested it too.
>
> VolumeToCatalog = Compares the files in a Storage Volume with the Catalog;

VolumeToCatalog does not read the file content and compares it, it just
reads the attributs and compares them (md5sum....).

quote:
http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/main/main/Configuring_Director.html

VolumeToCatalog
    This level causes Bacula to read the file attribute data written
to the Volume from the last Job. The file attribute data are compared
to the values saved in the Catalog database and any differences are
reported. This is similar to the Catalog level except that instead of
comparing the disk file attributes to the catalog database, the
attribute data written to the Volume is read and compared to the
catalog database. Although the attribute data including the signatures
(MD5 or SHA1) are compared, the actual file data is not compared (it
is not in the catalog).

Ralf