Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Verify Catalog

2011-06-02 11:09:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Verify Catalog
From: Rickifer Barros <rickiferbarros AT gmail DOT com>
To: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 12:06:52 -0300
A bad backup is the same that none backup. Verifying is very important, nevertheless, is not 100% safe. The only and almost impracticable way would be often make disaster recovery simulations.

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com> wrote:

> So, whatever how it does, I think that is a good idea set up a Verify Job
> soon after a Backup Job to ensure that data in the volume, isn't it?

Yes, that's what I do, but some people claim that it wastes time and wears out
the tape drive for no good reason.  OTOH, it has detected several tape
problems over the years I've been using Bacula.

__Martin