Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] mtx-changer load timeout

2011-06-02 01:09:12
Subject: [Bacula-users] mtx-changer load timeout
From: elimorris <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 21:53:21 -0700
Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone else has run across this. I'm running bacula5.0.2 on
Linux (Centos 5) and I'm getting a timeout whenever I use the mtx-changer
script to load a tape.

I looked at the script and it determines timeout from this:

wait_for_drive() {
  i=0
  while [ $i -le 300 ]; do  # Wait max 300 seconds
    if mt -f $1 status 2>&1 | grep "${ready}" >/dev/null 2>&1; then
      break
    fi
    debug "Device $1 - not ready, retrying..."
    sleep 1
    i=`expr $i + 1`
  done
}

but when I issue:

mt -f /dev/nst0 status

I get this:

SCSI 2 tape drive:
File number=-1, block number=-1, partition=0.
Tape block size 0 bytes. Density code 0x0 (default).
Soft error count since last status=0
General status bits on (50000):
 DR_OPEN IM_REP_EN

No where does it say 'ready' .

I might be able to kludge something, but I wonder if anyone has a solution to
this. I'd be surprised if it hadn't come up before, unless I'm missing
something obvious, which is certainly very possible.

thanks,

Eli