Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Verify Catalog

2011-05-31 15:54:56
Subject: [Bacula-users] Verify Catalog
From: Rickifer Barros <rickiferbarros AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 16:51:53 -0300
Hello Bacula Users,

I'm trying to test the Verify Job but, how I could understand, I have to create another catalog just for verifications, but I'm not getting do this. I have installed Bacula on Debian through the aptitude with PostGre. Now I dont know how create this catalog. I've tried create a db called "verify" and configured the Director:

Catalog {
  Name = Verification
  dbname = verify; DB Address = ""; dbuser = "bacula"; dbpassword = "###"
}

...so, I cannot even connect at the Director via console.

What I need to do to use this Verify Job.

Another thing...this type of Job is just to verify a group of file that don't must change often. But, how about backup consistency checking, bacula do this implicitly or I need do additional settings for this.

Thanks in advance.

Rickifer Barros.