Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Base jobs and incremental backups

2011-05-24 02:43:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Base jobs and incremental backups
From: TipMeAbout <tipmeabout AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 08:41:07 +0200

Le mardi 24 mai 2011 j'ai reçu le message suivant:

> Maybe laptop-lan and laptop-wlan need to be the same client (same name).

> Just change the ip address of the client configuration of laptop-lan to be

> the wlan ip and run a FULL backup on it.

> Let me know.

> Pablo

Hello,

That would be strange if the 2 needs to be the same name or IP address as in the doc it is said that it can use backups from other clients as "template" of backup:

---------

extract of the doc:

A new Job directive Base=Jobx, Joby... permits to specify the list of files that will be used during Full backup as base.

Job {
   Name = BackupLinux
   Level= Base
}

Job {
   Name = BackupZog4
   Base = BackupZog4, BackupLinux
   Accurate = yes
}

In this example, the job BackupZog4 will use the most recent version of all files contained in BackupZog4 and BackupLinux jobs. Base jobs should have run with level=Base to be used.

Changing IP as you request would make me change the IP of the server too (WiFi and LAN are not in the same network), so first I would like to do more investigations without modifying IPs.

I will make some quick tests with small directories.

Could you post here the example of you base job and related job please ?

Thanks !

JC

--

http://www.tipmeabout.org