Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Base jobs and incremental backups

2011-05-18 13:00:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Base jobs and incremental backups
From: Pablo Marques <pmarques AT miamilinux DOT net>
To: - - <tipmeabout AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 12:56:29 -0400 (EDT)
> Are there any informations in the log file that prove the first full after a base job is effectively using the base job ?
The Bacula report after the FULL gives you very useful information, including the BASE backup files used.

This is a sample report after a FULL backup, notice the line Base files/Used files:

  JobId:                  371
  Job:                   server-fd-data.2011-05-09_16.58.33_17
  Backup Level:           Full (upgraded from Incremental)
  Client:                 "server-fd" 5.0.3 (04Aug10) Linux,Cross-compile,Win32
  FileSet:                "server-set" 2011-05-09 14:29:09
  Pool:                   "Yearly" (From User input)
  Catalog:                "MyCatalog" (From Client resource)
  Storage:                "FileStorage" (From Job resource)
  Scheduled time:         09-May-2011 16:58:24
  Start time:             09-May-2011 17:02:10
  End time:               09-May-2011 18:01:16
  Elapsed time:           59 mins 6 secs
  FD Files Written:       39,344
  SD Files Written:       39,344
  FD Bytes Written:       8,600,464,982 (8.600 GB)
  SD Bytes Written:       8,606,510,471 (8.606 GB)
  Rate:                   2425.4 KB/s
  Software Compression:   39.7 %
  Base files/Used files:  39336/39114 (99.44%)
  VSS:                    yes
  Encryption:             no
  Accurate:               yes
  Volume name(s):         Tape-Year-0001
  Volume Session Id:      358
  Volume Session Time:    1302812565
  Last Volume Bytes:      252,270,109,076 (252.2 GB)
  Non-fatal FD errors:    0
  SD Errors:              0
  FD termination status:  OK
  SD termination status:  OK
  Termination:            Backup OK

For your case, depending on how much data changes on the Laptop, it maybe OK just to leave it on the WiFi for all backups (except for the BASE).

Pablo