Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Questions regarding migration job failure

2011-05-13 12:30:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Questions regarding migration job failure
From: Jerry Lowry <jlowry AT edt DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 09:31:21 -0700
thanks for your help and input.

I don't think the controller was/is causing the corruption.  The problem stems from my initial configuration of the storage and volumes causing the disks to fill up.  In order to hopefully not loose any backup data I moved some of the volumes to another disk while reconfiguring the pools and storage.  As I was working on the reconfiguration bacula got to the point where it wanted to write to the volumes that I moved, hence the volume was deemed corrupt because bacula could not find it.
So long as the recycling of the volumes clears the corrupt part of the volume I think I should be okay.  Will just have to be more intelligent in my configuration of volumes and storage.

Thanks