Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Questions regarding migration job failure

2011-05-11 14:29:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Questions regarding migration job failure
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 14:26:47 -0400
On 05/11/11 13:48, Jerry Lowry wrote:
> Ok, I am trying to run bls on the specified volume file that is
> associated with this job. But the problem I am having is that bls is
> failing trying to stat the device.
>
> I have one director and two storage directors.  The volume I am trying
> to run against is on the second SD.  Do I run bls on the system where
> the 'director' is or on the system thats running the stand alone 'sd'
> where the volume is located?

Jerry,
If I'm understanding you correctly, you have two storage daemons, and
you're trying to do a migration from a device on one SD to a device on
the other.  Is this correct?

If this understanding is correct, sorry, it won't work.  Copy and
migration can currently only be done between devices controlled by the
same SD.  (This is in large part a result of there being no current
capability for direct communication between one storage daemon and another.)

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.