Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backup to dvd not working

2011-05-13 12:29:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backup to dvd not working
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Wouter Verhelst <wouter AT nixsys DOT be>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 12:26:20 -0400
> I was trying to set up bacula on my parents' laptop the other day so
> that they could do proper backups to DVD+RW disks. Only it isn't
> working.

All I can say is the dvd writing code is alpha quality or even worse
since the developer working on that quit the project many years ago.
On top of that the developers (including Kern) also have discussed
removing that feature entirely. I would suggest that you just make 4GB
disk volumes and externally burn these to dvd media then delete the
4GB disk volumes from your server.

John