Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Questions regarding migration job failure

2011-05-11 11:57:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Questions regarding migration job failure
From: Graham Keeling <graham AT equiinet DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 16:54:45 +0100
On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 08:44:18AM -0700, Jerry Lowry wrote:
> Is there anyone that can help me with this problem?  Surely someone is
> using the migration job.

I'm not using migration jobs, but maybe I can give you a hint...

> On 5/9/2011 2:51 PM, jerry lowry wrote:
>> 09-May 13:59 distress-sd-sd JobId 2549: Forward spacing Volume
>> "hardware-0007" tofile:block  0:215.
>> 09-May 13:59 distress-sd-sd JobId 2549: Error: block.c:275 Volume data error
>> at 0:215! Wanted ID: "BB02", got "2". Buffer discarded.

It seems to me that the error is not with the write to the new volume, but with
the read from the existing volume "hardware-0007".

I've seen similar errors before, when I found bugs in bacula that trashed the
data on my disk volumes.

One thing to try is a restore from "hardware-0007". I predict that you will
get the same error.