Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Can't modify job in bconsole

2011-05-07 16:59:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Can't modify job in bconsole
From: Kirill Pekarov <[email protected]>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 08 May 2011 00:41:28 +0400
> > When I start command "restore", I can't modify it.
> > If I enter "mod" and then press enter, the bconsole will write "Job
> > not run.".
> On second thought I don't think my answer about console is the case
> here. I searched for mod Job not run and did not see anything that
> pertains, perahaps
> some configuration issue, please post configs. If anyone has run into
> this please comment.

I've 2 clients (v77 and d74), director with SD successfully backup it every
day.
Restoring data back to the same client work fine.
( In the bconsole I run "restore" command, then select last backup (command 5),
then "mark *", "done" and when bconsole ask "OK to run? (yes/mod/no):" I just
press enter. I get message about the job quieted. After few minutes I can see,
at client, that files start restoring)

Now, I want try restore files of each clients to my notebook (hp6730s-fd). It
is in the local network with director and SD, and I can faster test the
backups. The director have name "kirill-laptop-dir" and placed with the SD at
another PC.

>>From bconsole I can see status of  hp6730s-fd. The connection,  password and
>>names are fine.

Here bacula-dir.conf

Director {                            # define myself
  Name = kirill-laptop-dir
  DIRport = 9101                # where we listen for UA connections
  QueryFile = "/etc/bacula/scripts/query.sql"
  WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
  PidDirectory = "/var/run/bacula"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
  Password = "xxx"         # Console password
  Messages = Daemon
}

JobDefs {
  Name = "DefaultJob"
  Type = Backup
  Level = Incremental
  Client = v77-fd
  FileSet = "Full Set"
  Schedule = "WeeklyCycle"
  Storage = File
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = File
  Priority = 10
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/%c.bsr"
  SpoolData = yes
}

Job {
  Name = "v77"
  JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
  Client = v77-fd
  Priority = 11
}

Job {
  Name = "d74"
  JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
  Client = d74-fd
  Priority = 12
}

Job {
  Name = "RestoreFiles"
  Type = Restore
  Client=hp6730s-fd
  FileSet="Full Set"
  Storage = File
  Pool = Default
  Messages = Standard
  Where = /home/backup
}

FileSet {
  Name = "Full Set"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
    }
    File = /etc
    File = /home
    File = /usr/local/bin
    File = /var/www
    File = /var/snapshots
  }

  Exclude {
    File = /var/lib/bacula
    File = /nonexistant/path/to/file/archive/dir
    File = /proc
    File = /tmp
    File = /home/backup
    File = /.journal
    File = /.fsck
  }
}

Schedule {
  Name = "WeeklyCycle"
  Run = Full 1st sun at 03:05
  Run = Differential 2nd-5th sun at 03:05
  Run = Incremental mon-sat at 03:05
}

Schedule {
  Name = "WeeklyCycleAfterBackup"
  Run = Full sun-sat at 03:10
}

FileSet {
  Name = "Catalog"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
    }
    File = "/var/lib/bacula/.sql"
  }
}

Client {
  Name = v77-fd
  Address = real-ip
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  Password = "xxx"          # password for FileDaemon
  File Retention = 30 days            # 30 days
  Job Retention = 6 months            # six months
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}

Client {
  Name = d74-fd
  Address = real-ip
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  Password = "xxx"          # password for FileDaemon
  File Retention = 30 days            # 30 days
  Job Retention = 6 months            # six months
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}

Client {
  Name = hp6730s-fd
  Address = 192.168.1.20
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  Password = "xxx"          # password for FileDaemon
  File Retention = 30 days            # 30 days
  Job Retention = 6 months            # six months
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}

Storage {
  Name = File
  Address = real-ip              # N.B. Use a fully qualified name here
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "xxx"
  Device = FileStorage
  Media Type = File
}

Catalog {
  Name = MyCatalog
  dbname = "bacula"; DB Address = "127.0.0.1"; dbuser = "root"; dbpassword =
"xxx"
}

Messages {
  Name = Standard
  mailcommand = "/usr/lib/bacula/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\) \<%r\>\" -s
\"Bacula: %t %e of %c %l\" %r"
  operatorcommand = "/usr/lib/bacula/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\)
\<%r\>\" -s \"Bacula: Intervention needed for %j\" %r"
  mail = root@localhost = all, !skipped
  operator = root@localhost = mount
  console = all, !skipped, !saved
  append = "/var/lib/bacula/log" = all, !skipped
  catalog = all
}

Messages {
  Name = Daemon
  mailcommand = "/usr/lib/bacula/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\) \<%r\>\" -s
\"Bacula daemon message\" %r"
  mail = root@localhost = all, !skipped
  console = all, !skipped, !saved
  append = "/var/lib/bacula/log" = all, !skipped
}

Pool {
  Name = Default
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  Volume Retention = 365 days         # one year
}

Pool {
  Name = File
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  Volume Retention = 365 days         # one year
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 80G          # Limit Volume size to something
reasonable
  Maximum Volumes = 200               # Limit number of Volumes in Pool
}

Pool {
  Name = Scratch
  Pool Type = Backup
}

Console {
  Name = kirill-laptop-mon
  Password = "xxx"
  CommandACL = status, .status
}

bacula-sd.conf:

Storage {                             # definition of myself
  Name = kirill-laptop-sd
  SDPort = 9103                  # Director's port
  WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
  Pid Directory = "/var/run/bacula"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
  Heartbeat Interval = 10
}

Director {
  Name = kirill-laptop-dir
  Password = "xxx"
}

Director {
  Name = kirill-laptop-mon
  Password = "xxx"
  Monitor = yes
}

Device {
  Name = FileStorage
  Media Type = File
  Archive Device = /media/Archive2/backup
  LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
  Random Access = Yes;
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  RemovableMedia = no;
  AlwaysOpen = no;
  SpoolDirectory = /media/Archive2/backup/spool
}

Messages {
  Name = Standard
  director = kirill-laptop-dir = all
}

bconsole.conf:

Director {
  Name = kirill-laptop-dir
  DIRport = 9101
  address = localhost
  Password = "xxx"
}

bacula-fd.conf:

Director {
  Name = kirill-laptop-dir
  Password = "xxx"
}

Director {
  Name = hp6730s-mon
  Password = "xxx"
  Monitor = yes
}

FileDaemon {                          # this is me
  Name = hp6730s-fd
  FDport = 9102                  # where we listen for the director
  WorkingDirectory = /var/lib/bacula
  Pid Directory = /var/run/bacula
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
  FDAddress = 192.168.1.20
}

Messages {
  Name = Standard
  director = hp6730s-dir = all, !skipped, !restored
}

Thank you very much!