Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula on an Apple Xserve - alleged problem posted in Apple forums

2011-05-09 01:38:27
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula on an Apple Xserve - alleged problem posted in Apple forums
From: Hydro Meteor <hydrometeor AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 00:34:02 -0500
Hello all,

Its been a while since I've posted to this mailing list. I happened to be reading Apple Support Communities where about a year ago someone with the alias of "BoeroBoy" posted this comment about Bacula:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/11628649?messageID=11628649.

Anyway we had someone investigating Bacula and apparently she can't get 2 of the 3 processes working on an XServe. So it looks like we may try Retrospect.

I signed up for an Apple ID to try and add to this thread and / or contact the person who posted this, as a followup but the thread has been archived and no longer can be commented on, and Apple Communities won't allow me to privately contact the poster.

I have a few Xserves and am unaware of any problems getting Bacula daemons running on Mac OS X. But, its always good to followup and make sure something unexpected hasn't changed. The problem is that I don't know what version of Bacula this person tried with, and the comment looks vague.

Anyone know who BoeroBoy might be or if anyone else with Xserves are having problems (Mac OS X version 10.6)?

Cheers,

-Hydro