Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] severity of warnings issued by Bacula

2011-05-05 12:39:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] severity of warnings issued by Bacula
From: "Jason A. Kates" <jason AT kates DOT org>
To: Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh AT gcd DOT ie>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 12:36:33 -0400
NFS mounts are also in the same class.

27-Apr 20:37 web02 JobId 154536: Error: xattr.c:347 llistxattr error on
file "/web/zend": ERR=Success
27-Apr 20:38 web02 JobId 154536: Error: Encountered 1 xattr errors while
doing backup

This would be an example file set that don't backup NFS but will get the
above error:

FileSet {
        Name = "LINUX_LOCAL"
        Include {
                Options {
                        signature = MD5;
                        xattrsupport=yes;
                        onefs=no;
                        fstype=ext2
                        fstype=jfs
                        fstype=reiserfs
                        fstype=ufs
                        fstype=xfs
                        fstype=vxfs
                        }
          File = /
        }
        Exclude  {
                File= /.journal
                File= /.fsck
                File= lost+found
        }
}

On Thu, 2011-05-05 at 16:59 +0100, Gavin McCullagh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 05 May 2011, Jeremy Maes wrote:
>
> > All you need to do to suppress those messages is add all the
> > junction points on the given windows system to the exclude list of
> > your filesystem.
>
> I appreciate that I can do that, but it seems like having to create a mass
> of wilddir entries in the fileset is rather ugly, given that all I want to
> achieve is a simple "don't warn me about junction points".  Your own
> fileset is impressive but its also a pretty good example of why I'd really
> rather not do that.
>
> > Once you edit your fileset you should be left only with "important"
> > warnings.
>
> Are junction points the only "unimportant" warnings?
>
> Gavin

Jason A. Kates (jason AT kates DOT org)
Fax:    208-975-1514
Phone:  660-960-0070