Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] force backup of unchanged file inincrementalbackup

2011-04-15 02:43:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] force backup of unchanged file inincrementalbackup
From: Tor Willy Austerslått <twa AT sesamdata DOT no>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 08:40:32 +0200
On 15. apr. 2011, at 04.28, James Harper wrote:

> I don't have space on this particular server to dump out 40GB of database
> (the database itself is about 80MB but there are lots of FILESTREAM images
> that would be included in the backup stream).
>
> I have found that all I need to do is run a 'CHECKPOINT' to ensure all data
> is written out to the database. Can you post an example Job with a
> ClientRunBeforeJob? I just get errors every time I try to do it.

Here's one. Note that you have to escape the quotes that are sent to the
Windows fd. Also note that backing up MS SQL Server's binary (so to speak)
database files after a checkpoint isn't really a backup. Worst case: if you
e.g. have a catastrophic server failure, had long running transactions on the
database and you're missing the transaction log, the database will not be
complete.

Also, if the checkpoint fails for some reason, your backup will be worthless.

But anyway ...

Job {
       Name = "BC7_system"
       Client = "bc7-fd"
       JobDefs = "JobTapeB"
       FileSet = "dbdumps-fileset"
       ClientRunBeforeJob = "\"C:/Program Files/Bacula/dbdumps.bat\""
       Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/bc7_system.bsr"
       SpoolData = yes
}

--
Tor Willy Austerslått