Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Admin Job and RunScript

2011-04-15 02:39:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Admin Job and RunScript
From: Jeremy Maes <jma AT schaubroeck DOT be>
To: Rodrigo Renie Braga <rodrigorenie AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 08:36:05 +0200
Op 14/04/2011 15:55, Rodrigo Renie Braga schreef:
> Hello list
>
> I've been trying to create an Admin Job to execute a script on the
> director itself, but the Admin Job simply ignore the RunScript
> section. I know that Admin Jobs can only run Director Script, not
> remote Client Script, but my Client is the Director, so, what am I
> doing wrong?
*snip*

> Job {
>     Name = job.admin
>     Client = client.ptibacula-dir
>     JobDefs = jobdef.default
>     Type = Admin
>
>     RunScript {
>         RunsWhen = Before
>         FailJobOnError = Yes
>         Command = "/bin/myscript.sh"
>    }
> }

Have you tried running the before job with a "RunBeforeJob =
"/bin/myscript.sh" yet? Maybe an Admin job doesn't like the RunScript
directive. (mine are all with RunBeforeJob) The end result should be the
same as the default is to fail the job on error.

> JobDefs {
>     Name = jobdef.default
>     Type = Backup
>     Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/jobs/bootstrap.%c.%n.bsr"
Not sure if an admin job takes a "Write Bootstrap" directive. Though I
think you should get an error when starting bacula if it doesn't. Same
with Spool Data etc. Maybe you should try to take out the JobDefs in
your Admin job definition and try by adding only the strictly necessary
stuff like client, pool, type, name , messages and schedule (and the
runbeforejob directive of course)

 **** DISCLAIMER ****
http://www.schaubroeck.be/maildisclaimer.htm