Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] One Client with different Pools (File Retention Problem)

2011-02-03 08:33:06
Subject: [Bacula-users] One Client with different Pools (File Retention Problem)
From: Rodrigo Renie Braga <rodrigorenie AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 11:30:35 -0200

> Before 28-Jan, I had only ran 1 Incremental Backup, because I started the
> backups for this Client at 26-Jan (which was a Full Backup). Hence, I
> believe that the Incremental Backup Pruned the Files From the Incremental
> Backup at 27-Jan and the Full Backup at 26-Jan.

Yes, per-pool retention times don't work correctly in Bacula 5.0.x.  See
http://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net/msg42297.html

__Martin

Humm, very interesting... So, since I have three Pools for each Incremental, Differential and Full with different retention Volume Retention periods, basically I'd need to create three Clients resources for each of these Pools... right?

How would a Full restore in this case work? How could bacula "join" Inc, Diff and Full backups for three different Clients (which actuality they are the same File Daemon)?

Thanks again!