Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Hint about small backup jobs with larger tapes

2011-01-31 05:15:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Hint about small backup jobs with larger tapes
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 10:12:47 GMT

> Fair enough. I'm assuming then though that I should replace them more
> often than Bacula might automatically suggest in that case, eh?

I didn't know that Bacula gave any suggestions, but check with the tape
manufacturer's specs.  HP
(http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/sm/WF06b/12169-64242-342326-342326-342326-34632-20751.html)
say that DDS4 is good for 2000 passes or 100 full backups, so once a year
sounds about right for 3 tapes.

__Martin