Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] dump my configuration?

2011-01-31 04:01:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] dump my configuration?
From: Graham Keeling <graham AT equiinet DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 08:58:07 +0000
On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 09:48:38PM -0500, John Drescher wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 12:59 PM, hymie! <hymie AT lactose.homelinux DOT net>
> wrote:
> >
> > Short question -- can a running Bacula Console dump out what it thinks
> > my configuration is?
> >
> > Long question -- my Bacula installation is acting a little weird.
> > I'm using File Storage.  A couple of bacups didn't have the right name,
> > and one of those didn't auto-label the backup file.
> >
> > Most of my backups worked fine; just a couple acted weird.
> >
> > I don't see anything wrong with my setup, but clearly, there's a
> > mistake.  So I'm wondering if I can get Bacula to tell me what it
> > thinks my configuration is, so I can compare it to my config file
> > and find the discrepancy.
> >

> I am confused at the question. I mean you should have edited the
> configuration. And it is a simple text file. If you do not know what
> it is how on earth did you setup bacula?

Bacula writes some settings into database objects, so if you later change your
config files, those changes may well not take effect on existing objects - even
on a reload/restart.
Perhaps that is what the problem is.
But I don't have an answer to the question, except to look directly at either
the database fields that you think might be causing your problem, or to look
at the config files.